Thursday, July 31, 2008

I almost lost everything...

One brief note: MAKE SURE AND BACK UP YOUR FILES ON YOUR COMPUTER'S!! A couple of mornings ago I turned on the computer and the error message read something like this (in my lingo):

"This computer either has a virus or everything has disappeared magically...You can try to put in the installation disk, but most likely that will not work either...so basically you are screwed. Sorry, it's been real."

This made my heart sink because we have 4 years worth of pictures stored on our computer some which have been developed, but most have not. The worst part is that I had the thought cross my mind the exact night before to back up the files on the computer, but ignored the prompting...Well, this story has a happy ending. Tyler magically got it back and running again with all of our files in tact. Some things are not the same, but I am definitley not complaining!

And then....camping...
Since I've been married to dear old Tyler we have went camping with his family up to the Uintahs. It's a sweet little campground where the majority of the campers are getting ready to make the journey to King's Peak. Being the short-hike type of people we are, we have yet to make this journey. Maybe that will be one of my mid-life crisis things. Anyways we really don't do anything too eventful up there, but we do accomplish several of my favorite things which are relaxing, eating, chatting, playing cards...this year we hiked up to Alligator and fished a bit. I love this camping tradition and hope it continues FOREVER. Although I did hear Ty's brother Casey talking about wanting to do Florida instead next year. Here's a few pictures...Oh, and thanks to Ty's family for making this such a fun time.! We had a blast!!

(Rusty Roo made it all the way to the lake and back. Considering he takes about 4 steps for our 1, this ended up being about a 20 mile hike for our favorite dachshund...He then slept for the next 2 days because he was so worn out.)

(Closeup of Tyler Lynn)

(Here I am with Ash (my sister n' law). I posted this one also because I wanted you all to see how clear my skin is. I've been trying to wear less makeup and my skin looks so much better. Not that it was bad before, but it doesn't seem to have the blochiness which is the reason I wear base to begin with. And of course Ash looks so cute no matter what!)

(Tyler and Casey are great brothers...can't you feel the love from this pic?)

6 comments:

  1. We had the same thing happen to our computer, but luckily I back up all my pictures, ours isn't the same either.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh that is such a cool picture of your dog and the lake! Looks like it came our of a magazine.

    ReplyDelete
  3. the same thing happened to to our computer too! we always burn all of our pictures to CD's though, so they will never dissappear. Camping looks SO fun! Oh ya, and Twilight! don't you love it???? hellooooooo, I am almost done with the third book! and there is a movie coming out in December!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I too feel your pain, and now I regularly back-up. I need to do it again so thanks for reminding me!

    By the way, I've tagged you on my blog. I hope you get a chance to respond.

    ReplyDelete
  5. That happened to our computer too. We had to pay someone a bunch of money to retrieve them. Now we back everything up. Your skin looks really pretty and clear, but I don't remember it looking any different:)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Looks like you guys had fun. Your dog is just a cutie!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...