Sunday, July 13, 2008

Fourth of July Weekend...One Week Later

So I was going to post this a week ago, but didn't have my camera and then I forgot about it, so this might seem a little lame.

-----------------------

Our Holiday weekend was fantastic. It was so fun and relaxing hanging out with Tyler. I live to be able to have fun in July...oh, and Christmas time is something else I live for. I'm also VERY grateful that I am not at GWCU like I was last summer. Last summer was H-E-Double Hockey Sticks trying to get time off to have a little fun and go on some trips. Basically last summer was one of the worst summers for that reason, because in their heads it was basically a too bad kind of deal. But, I'm so grateful now to have the jobs I do so I can enjoy life before it passes me by....("Life comes at you fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it! -Ferris Bueller). Anyways here's some pictures from our Fourth of July:


First we saved this dog:


We almost hit her on the way to see "Hancock" and so we picked her up, knocked on a few doors, took her home and cleaned her up, thought about keeping her if the owner didn't claim her, fortunately for Rusty-Roo, the owner called us, and so we gave her to her rightful owner...I hear "Hancock" was dumb anyways. It was good to see how soft of a heart Tyler has when it comes to our little fury friends.

We almost died from these "illegal" fireworks:



I have never seen my life flash before my eyes until this weekend. One malfunctioned and came shooting straight at the bystanders...us. Lesson learned? Not so much, we kept going.

Rusty was terrified from the noise of the fireworks. Here he is in good company watching Nemo.


Then we baked in the sun at the cruise-in. Ty was in hog heaven. We saw this $1.2 Million dollar vehicle, aka a Duesenberg:



I especially liked the one seater in the back and the color!


and we saw this Beverly Hillbilies replica of a car, aka a Nash:



and Tyler admired this lovely little thing, aka his next project after his 49 GMC is finished in 50 or so years :) :


I am learning more and more about cars and trucks everyday that I spend with Tyler...whether I like it or not. I must admit it is fun to learn about something that Tyler finds so much enjoyment out of and gets so excited about. Maybe one of these days you'll find both of us all greased up and working on an engine...just not anytime in the near future.

Then we hung out with my old roomie Polly:

(sorry no pics)
I now know what she does all day...chases an adorable 2 year old and cares for a newborn sweetheart.

Tyler recieved this lovely little card from a kid in our ward:
And that's our weekend in a nutshell.
---------------------
I am now off to girl's camp for a couple of days (It will be Tyler's first girl's camp) and then hanging out with my fam at the condo after that, so adios for a week or so. Luv, the Hodsons.

1 comment:

  1. I so love reading your blog. You do a great job. I had to laugh about the cars thing. I didn't know a thing before I married my mechanic husband. I barely knew the difference between a Ford, Chevy, or Dodge truck. Then yesterday we're having this conversation about a jeep he and his father are restoring, and about halfway through I'm thinking, I can't believe I understand everything we're talking about! Wait 'till Tyler sends you to the store for parts and you don't actually need a list with everything written on it to hand to the parts guys!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...