Wednesday, July 23, 2008

***July 24th***


Happy 24th to all of you Utahn's out there and to all who are honoring our pioneer heritage. May we all have such a conviction in ourselves as the pioneers did to stand up for and sacrifice for something...whether it be our families, our values, another in need, our religion, or any other worthwhile cause.

************************************


Yesterday I filled up my car. I've had this car for exactly a year this month. I LOVE everything about it, except for its mileage which is usually around 24ish mi./gal. Well, it got a whopping 26.39 mi./gal. I was EXCITED!!! Now, this is nothing compared to what the little Geo gets (aka our beater car)...32ish miles/gallon, but I was still pretty excited...(and this is why Tyler will usually be seen in the Geo, commuting back and forth to work as opposed to his beloved Dodge deisel which is only sporting about 18ish miles/gallon.)

After I got gas yesterday I had to of course tell my coworkers and they said that by driving about 55-60 mph on the freeway you can gain about 2 mi./gal. Thus for this tank of gas me, the speed demon, am vowing to try this out. I will now be seen for the next week or so not wooshing down the freeway at about 80, but going more at my Dad's pace which is roughly 60 mph. We will see how many frustrated honks I get and also see if I can get my mileage to around 28. I'll let you know how it goes!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...