Monday, June 30, 2008

Our Extended Weekend...

As I have blogged about before...I absolutely LOVE summer, especially JULY!!!!!! Saturday night fufilled 4 out of 5 of my top reasons to love summer (Fireworks, swimming, Free Time, and BBQ's). We had some friends over to Ty's Mom's for a swim and bbq, and then enjoyed the West Haven fireworks. I must say for West Haven, and for only being like the 2nd or 3rd time to have a show they were awesome. You know it's a good show when you keep asking yourself and the person next to you if that was the finale or not. And this week is Old Glory Days in Riverdale. I am luvin' everything about this July month and it hasn't even started yet. Thanks to Ty's Mom for always being so willing to let us play at her house.




So, Ty and I have been planning our date day for the last couple of weeks to be today. He was so sweet to take the day off work to come and hang out with his most favorite person...me of course. We had it all planned to go to IKEA first because I've been dying to go for the last year since they moved in to "this is the place" Utah, but we've never seemed to make it down there or when we are down there we haven't had the time to stop. We were also planning to go to Lunch, and then the Zoo, and then to Eaglewood Golf Course. We had a full day planned for us.....WELP, it didn't so much turn out the way we had planned. First of all, it just so happens that I had a test that was due today that I had to study for and take before we could head out. So that set us a few hours back...IKEA was the first to be crossed off the list =( much to my displeasment............ So, okay now we were off...we first went to one of our favorite restraunts in SL, the Macaroni Grill, and then to the Zoo. Well that ended up being the last stop because I got horibly sick, which never happens. I am usually the one with the most energy. I think that the heat must've gotten the best of me because I had that feeling where your stomach feels all bloated and then continues and feels like it is about to come up your throat...yah, that's the way I felt. So, we ended up staying for just a little bit at the Zoo, and much to Ty's displeasment ended up crossing Eaglewood off the list=( Let's just say that the day didn't exactly turn out the way we had planned, but there isn't another person I would have rather spent it with.

A rare White Alligator...Oooh...Aaah!

Tyler's not mad, he just scrunches his forehead in the sun.

Fake smile...I felt like poo.

Happy Feet!

REEEAAACHH!!

7 comments:

  1. Oh I so love July, too. My husband said today, "Let's skip the 4th and go camping." I was like, "YEAH RIGHT!!!" I look forward to this all year!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow looks like you guys have been busy! I am still bummed we missed the BBQ. Let us know when you do the next one! Sorry about your date day. Seems like something always happens... Oh and I am not the best gardener. I just put seeds in the ground, water every few days, and hope for the best. Beyond that, I am clueless...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks like a fun-filled weekend! I love the summer for all of those same reasons.. It's the best! =)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I agree! I love playing outside! Good for you for having so much fun. I hope you don't have many heat-sick days this summer.

    ReplyDelete
  5. IKEA is like one of my fav places well worth the wait but plan to stay there for at least an hour or two. Its a huge place and they have a great place to eat lunch upstairs. You could probably spend the whole day there. And if your there might as well go to Boondocks down the road for some mini golf and other fun stuff. Yea I'm just planning your next date pretty much :) Sorry :) Keep drinking tons of water sister friend heat stroke is a bummer.

    ReplyDelete
  6. You two are so fun! I'm glad you like the zoo too. The national zoo is pretty cool, but it doesn't compare to Hogle. We have little otters and pandas here though...and a hippo:)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hey girl, you didn't tell me about your date day...good thing you have a blog and I can read all about it and stalk you! anyway, I am going to do this now instead of facebook and myspace....I may have to ask for your help! How do you get the list of all of your friends on your page? TTFN!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...