Thursday, June 26, 2008

Kung Fu Meets Marley the Dog

So, this is my unofficial book and movie review for "Kung Fu Panda" and "Marley and Me".


There are not many books that I read that I thoroughly enjoy from start to finish. (Actually I have never been much of a novel reader) Well, Marley and Me was one of these books that I loved. It could be that I am a dog lover and owner and so can relate to a lot of the situations in the book. Or it could be the genius of the author in being able to write in a way that you completley see the whole scenario clearly in your head from the way he writes. Either way I am not alone in my thinking. This book, a true story, is a #1 New York Times Bestseller and they are currently making a movie starring Jen Aniston and Owen Wilson because of the love for this book. Marley is a rambunctious and free-spirited dog that the Author and his wife buy as newlyweds. This dog goes through all of life's ventures with this couple from happy times to sad times from new children to new jobs and creates a lot of adventures of his own for the Grogan's. I literally laughed out loud for 3/4 of the book and had to share some parts out loud to Tyler. I loved this book....so read it. It took me only a few hours over the course of a few days and was very fast and light reading.


Last Friday we went with Tyler's newest engaged friend Aaron and his fiance to one of the cutest movies I've seen lately. Kung Fu Panda was not like some children movies where your attention wanders and you start looking at your watch. This movie was awesome! I loved it and the guys loved it as well. Tyler and I were giggling our little heads off through the whole movie. Another thing that I liked about this movie is the fact that they used "big names" to do the voices of the characters. You could totally see the character of the actor being portrayed through the animated character. This one was definitley a thumbs up in my book and I'd recommend it to anyone with or without children who just wants an entertaining/funny/and lighthearted film.

5 comments:

  1. OK, I must say, I hate that book! Ha ha. I flew out to Tucson to watch my neice and nephew for a week while their parents went to Argentina. It was a horrible time because I was incredibly sick being pregnant and was hardly able to take care of myself, let alone three little kids. So the last night, we're driving up to Phoenix to go home (with all three kids) and we get stuck in major traffic in Tucson. Seriously, like an hour and a half just to get out of the city. Well, my sister had this book on tape so I stuck it in to keep the 5 year old entertained. I was already frustrated so hearing this book about this stinkin' dog who ruined everything, ate jewelry, destroyed the garage, etc. drove me NUTS. Ha ha, that is so funny that you loved it so much. But really, it was just the circumstances of where I was at the time as to why I hate it so bad :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Funny! I love that you loved it and ashley hated it! I heard the movie was fabulous! I will be seeing it for sure and i'll let you know what I think! I am not in to kids moives too much so I will definetly be leaving a comment once I see it! I won't be reading the book however cus I don't love to read, but as soon as I see it i'll be back to give it my rating! Thanks for the fun post! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. We saw the movie today and we all love love it!!! During the intense fight scene our daughter said "Mommy you know what, the righteous always win against the wicked":) Smart kid

    ReplyDelete
  4. I liked Marley and Me even though I'm not a dog lover. I'm not sure how it will come across on film- it will be a tear jerker, that's for sure!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for the great recommendations. I'm especially excited about the book. I'm always looking for a great, but quick, read. Otherwise I get sucked in and everything goes to pot around my house.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...