Tuesday, August 11, 2009

Guess Who's Preggo?!?!?...And Other Latest and Greatest News!

Kari and Rob are gonna be having a baby girl in February. We all couldn't be happier for them!! They will be the cutest parents ever. I'm also excited because Brynlee will have someone close to to play with. I didn't really grow up with cousins that I saw a lot so this is a big deal to me. Can't wait to hold their little bundle of joy this winter!

We are finally moving forward with the building of our house. After a couple of months of fighting with the county with issues dealing with the size of the driveway I am seeing progress. We ordered our plans and received them yesterday....Here is the basic plan (we've made some changes to it such as a daylight basement.):

http://creationswest.com/plans_results.php?plan=r-2176-00ce

We feel really blessed to be building...interest rates are low, labor and materials are low, Tyler will be the General contractor so we'll save money there, Tyler can do some of the work so we'll also save money there, and we are lucky/blessed enough to have land that was given to us by Ty's Mom. So in the end our mortgage will be about half the amount of what it would be if we were to just go buy this same house somewhere else.

I went back to work last week. I have very mixed feelings, but so far it has gone well. I am working 4 days a week for about 4 hours a day...it is so far just enough to have a little time away from Brynlee, but by the end of the shift I am totally missing her and wanting to hold my baby girl. My Mom is watching her along with Ty's Mom on Friday's so she is with trusted people which makes it easier.

Last week also was Ty's grandma and grandpa's 50th wedding anniversary. Happy 50 years to them!!!!

Some not so happy things: She's still not sleeping through the night, we have a neighbor who's not exactly happy about us building, Brynlee is a VERY gassy baby...and when I say VERY I mean VERY!, 800=how much it cost to get my car registered this year because of some ridiculous tire issue...anyone want a Mazda 6?...this car has been a money pit FYI, but all in all...

Life is Good!

5 comments:

  1. Oooh, I love looking at house plans. That looks so cute! I think my computer cut off part of it, but are the two other bedrooms upstairs? Anyway, I love the layout. Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  2. wow sounds like life has been crazy!! brynlee is adorable! where are you working?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm glad to see pics - she's so cute! Madison was a VERY VERY VERY gassy baby too! And I mean very! Aidan didn't sleep through the night till he was almost one, so I TOTALLY can sympathize and know how it is to hate mom's that have babies that sleep through the night at 1-2 months old. Hang in there. Awesome for you to build for so cheap - you are so blessed and lucky. I'm jealous! What kind of problems is your neighbor giving you?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh and I love the plans for the house - what a NICE size! Yay!

    ReplyDelete
  5. How cool that you are actually building! Yeah for you! I hope all goes well from here on out.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...