Sunday, March 2, 2008

I'm glad I'm not in Relief Society!!

One thing I know for sure is that the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints is true!! I love the gospel and I know it sounds cliche to say so, but I don't know where I would be without it.


Currently I am in the Young Women's in my ward and I love it! I have been in there for almost 4 years. Crazy, I know, but I would much rather be there then in Relief Society. I am the 2nd counselor and since I've been in there we've been through 2 presidents, 4 1st counselors, and 3 secretaries...and there I stay. I think that apparently this is where I'm supposed to be at this time in my life.

Today I got a little emotional (actually I just tend to be somewhat of an emotional person) because first of all the first counselor who I dearly love was released and put into the primary. Also one of the teachers is moving away and another is also being put into the primary as well. Secondly, I am a little emotional over the fact that we will be soon putting our house up for sale and be moving out of this amazing ward. Growing up I didn't think that there was another ward besides my home ward that I could be so happy in. Well, I was wrong...which just goes to show that The Church is True whereever you go.

My heart goes out to the girls in my ward because I want them to stay strong and close to the gospel because I see what amazing potential they have. I also have seen the heartache of those I care about who have lost their testimonies.

My testimony has grown so much from this calling!






6 comments:

  1. That post just shows how much you are needed in the Young Women and why you have stayed there... they obviously need your testimony! You are such a strong person Sara!

    Where are you guys going to move to? I hope close... but if not, we always have email, blogs and texting. :)

    love katie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Sara! I didn't know you had a blog! I'm so happy you found me!! I love blogging!

    I'm so happy you've enjoyed the YW, that's kind of how I've been in the primary...I was in there for over 4 years until I got released this past summer. I'd love to be in the YW though!

    Well, I hope all is well! I'll put your blog on my buddy list too! Another great way to keep in touch...

    P.S~ Where are you guys moving to?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey..I am in the young womens as well! I love it too! It seems a lot funner than relief society. Though at times I have a bad attitude and don't want to go to activities every week! Especially when I feel I have a million things to do! But I love the girls and it is so fun!:)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey Sara! That's fun that you are in the Young Womens... I'm sure all the girls love you! To answer your question.. yeah I've seen Juno and I LOVE IT! One of my favorite movies for sure! =)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...