Sunday, October 19, 2008

Grocery shopping at Walmart is not and never will be fun!

In the past couple of weeks...

On October 5th my sister Kari got engaged to Robert Bruderer. They have been dating for the past couple of years and make an awesome pair. They're getting married in the SL temple on the 21st of November which is really close, but great for planning purposes because everyone like the photographer and such, are free. We love them and are excited for them! CONGRATULATIONS!!!!


It's Fall! This is my favorite time of year!! Beautiful colors, cute sweater and jacket weather, perfect temperatures, etc etc etc



This is Tyler's newest purchase...Let me just tell you that Tyler is my "Joe the Mechanic". If for whatever reason he ever loses his job, he has a trade/skill that he can fall back on and make a decent living. A couple of years ago he bought 2 snowmobiles for just under $400.00. He worked hard and got them in working condition and had some fun with them and in the past couple of weeks got $1000.00 EACH for them on KSL. He then used that money to put towards this newer one.

(Please ignore our old couches on our back porch, we plan on sending them to the DI this week, unless anyone could use some extra couches...we really aren't pack rats).

The weekend before last, we went to visit my Grandparents in St. George. In the past few years they have become snowbirds and have a 2nd home down there and live in Tremonton in the hot summer. It was fun to just hang out with them and also we went to Zion's National Park, the place where Ty and I went on our honeymoon. Unfortunately it was rainy and cold down there, but we all still had a good time.



Grandma and Grandpa Robbins


A Perfect Horseshoe game...HAHA



Mom & Dad


Pretty even in the rain



Wild Turkeys...aka Thanksgiving dinner


A couple of Tuesdays ago Ty took me to the Weezer concert. I LOVE THEM. And now that I've seen them in concert I LOVE THEM even more. This band was introduced to me by my friend Gina back in 2002ish, and I am a fan! It has always been somewhat of a dream to go to their concert, but they haven't been to Utah for a while. Well, right when we found out that they were coming to Utah was right around my Birthday, so it was a VERY Happy Late Birthday for me!!





This past Friday, we carried out our long-standing tradition (4 years) and carved pumpkins with some of Ty's friends. It was a good time!



And Finally...
I don't have to drive to Farmington anymore!!! LDS Family Services is now located in Layton, Utah. We had the dedication on Wednesday night. Our facility includes us, the distribution center, the DI, the employment office, the bishop storehouse, and the home storage place. It's the first of its kind anywhere and pretty cool, so if any of you would like to see it come and visit me! We all were expecting President Monson, so the place was packed, but at the last minute Bishop H. David Burton came. I was touched by his comments and was so glad that I went to this special meeting.

4 comments:

  1. Wow looks like you guys have been busy! Sounds like carving pumpkins was fun. And congrats on work getting closer, that is exciting!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know right where you are talking. What part of it do you work in? I'll have to come say hi next time i'm there!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's awesome how thrify is Tyler!!! Can I have a turn on your awesome snowmobile :) LOL You two have the best adventures together!! Fall is my favorite too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I want to see your new job! Let me know when you work again, me and Xander will come visit you!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...